The doctor checked her over and said she was just going to send us home with some antibiotics for the ear infection she discovered. But first she checked baby's oxygen level, just to be safe. Sure enough, the numbers were too low, and nothing we did could trick the machine into giving a higher number, so off to the hospital we went.
She tested negative for the flu, RSV, no pneumonia in her xray (which by the way, looks like a pure torture device the way they have to brace her with her arms in the air since she's so little). In the end she basically had an infection in her lungs, aka bronchiolitis, and lots of mucus. So, as far as I understand, without enough oxygen her heart was having to work harder, and she couldn't really work on healing when she was working so hard on breathing. I think that was the gist of it. So her and I were stuck there for the next 5 days until she could get her oxy levels up enough, especially during sleep. They gave her breathing treatments every 4 hours and antibiotics twice a day, and kept her on oxygen.
During this time, I think she shared her sickness with me, thanks baby! At least I was in a place where I could rest already! My ears are still plugged though, it's quite annoying...
What?
Not you mom.
Oh, ok.
What?
Not you mom.
Oh, ok....
lol
She was looking really pathetic when we first got there, but I could see a real difference in her as she got better and better.
![]() |
| Poor baby |
| Her "prison" bed |
| We had the dolphin room...and I went to high school with the first nurse we had, lol |
| Her oxy sensor, she tried to get this light so many times |
![]() |
| Second, maybe 3rd day in, thought she was better, so we took off the tube, but it went right back on her that night. |
| Thought it was funny when she'd swipe at her nose and pull the tube out, just enough to poke her on the outside of her nose. |
![]() |
| Visitors! |
![]() |
| They brought us this saucer and a baby swing after awhile. |
Meanwhile, the older two kids were at Grandma's, having a great time, they didn't even miss us:
![]() |
| LOVE this shot! |








No comments:
Post a Comment