Sunday, March 27, 2011

FHE at the Ice Park

Yup, for FHE last week, we went to the Ice Park. Good thing too, since it was the last week to go.(Make sure you go to the website to see some cooler photos.) 
We only paid half price for our adult tickets, thanks to the newspapers HotDeals coupon, and the kids were free. A family of 5 for $10? Sweet deal!

Car seat on a sled, traveling in style! (Where's MY sled ride?!)


Hello in there :-)

Top of the ice maze

Waiting at the "train station", actually an argo picks you up, and you can ride on the train cars behind it.


Midget eskimo

I love this shot and the next one!

Check out that little girl attitude! lol


I threatened him with his life if he hurt the baby...


Riding on a dog, I think.



Riding on the train, why didn't we do this before? We didn't have to freeze to death to tour all the sculptures!




This was one of the coolest sculptures this year, 2nd place I think. 1st place was so intricate, it had already completely melted and fallen over.




Wonder what they use for the color on the ice?

Old faithful. The phone booth is there every year.

I only posted a few of the sculptures that were there. We weren't that impressed by most of them this year. Maybe because we rode the train, so they all went by a lot faster than we're used to! lol 


While we were there, a photographer for IceAlaska took photos of the G-man on some of the slides. She said we could find the photos later at the IceAlaska website, but I'm not seeing much of anything for photos over there....Let me know if you find it for me!

Also, the website says this may be the last year for the ice park. I doubt it, they're just having land rental issues, so hopefully they can just find a new location, or buy the land, but check it out at their website, just in case.


So, while most of you are enjoying the warmer weather, wherever you are, think of us, at the ice park, in Alaska.
Did I make anyone homesick yet? ;-)

No comments: