Saturday, the 12th, the kids had been invited to 2 birthday parties. So we went, well, I went and took the kids, Tim was sick.....hmmmm....... ;-)
The first party was at Glow-Putt, which is a mini-golfing place where you golf in the dark with black lights.
I was excited to use the opportunity to practice getting good photos in different circumstances. I thought I had quite a few great photos, but when I got home, only a handful were pretty good. But here they are, I had fun figuring out what works and what doesn't.
 |
| The bday girl |
 |
Cousin Launa & her baby
|
 |
| I like this shot, even though her face might be too dark. |
 |
| Giddy wanted to pose for the camera...you'll see what I mean in a sec... |
 |
| Bday girls' brother... |
 |
| More posing.... |
 |
| What a cute kid! (I can say that, even if he's mine) |
The second birthday part was at Gymnastics Inc. I was pretty worn out from chasing kids at the first party though, so I didn't get any pictures, except these 3:
 |
| G-man in a princess hat, this one's for his first prom date... |
Also, the other night the northern lights were out, finally. But I only got one blurry photo, then, while I changed my settings, they disappeared before I could try again.....
 |
| Not bad for a first try. |
The following week from that birthday Saturday was spring break, so we decided to drive to Anchorage for a few days, just the hubby, baby and I. Grandma was awesome and took the older two.
I was excited to play with my camera on the trip, so here are my shots from that.
 |
| Beautiful, clear skies all the way down to Anchortown. |
 |
| This is with a funky extension on my telephoto lens, it blurs the edges... |
 |
| Airplane designs in the sky. |
 |
| It dumped 6 inches of snow the next day, so the sun was masked by clouds and rather cool looking. |
 |
| See the star on the mountain? |
 |
| Ghost town of Denali |
 |
I can see the man on the moon! (The moon has been really close and huge lately!)
|
And lastly, I have been playing around with natural lighting in my house, trying to find my "pocket" of light (See
Momtographers to see what I'm talking about...)
Plus I can't help taking lots and lots of pics with my camera lately, not to mention I already wish I'd taken more photos of the kids when they were littler, so time to start now!
 |
| I love her stripes! |
 |
| Very expressive face! |
I think that's all for now. I don't mean to bunch it all together like this, but honestly, who has time to blog all the time? ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment